Submitted by Clay Boggess on Thu, 03/04/2010 - 07:54
It is approaching that time of the year when people are beginning to schedule their end of the school year celebrations and parties. A lot of schools like to bring in inflatables for their students to enjoy as a special treat. Most schools have a limited budget so they are interested in getting as many inflatables as possible for their money. They may already have an idea of what inflatable games they are interested in and if the price is right then the next step is to schedule the date. Is it really that simple? Well it shouldn’t be.
If you want to ensure that your students have a great time at your big ‘End of the Year’ event here are some important things that you will want to consider before you hire an inflatable company to come to your school:
Ask the inflatable company the following questions before you hire them:
- How long have they been in business?
- If the inflatable company has a website review the selection of inflatable games that they offer before you call as well as what their rental terms are.
- Do they work with schools? And if so, how much experience do they have working with schools? How many schools do they work with per year?
- Ask them for 3 or 4 schools that they have worked with recently that you can contact
- Do they have insurance?
- Will they provide an attendant at your event? And if not, how accessible will they be if something comes up?
- Do they have a list of rules for each inflatable? And if so, can they provide you with that list?
- Do they require that adults are supervising any inflatable before students are allowed on it?
- Do they review the rules with the adult volunteers before the students are allowed on the inflatables?
- Do they provide generators for outdoor events or extension cords that would need to be run to the nearest building?
- How are the inflatables secured for either indoor or outdoor events?
- How often do they clean the inflatables? (Reputable companies will re-inflate their inflatables and thoroughly clean them after every event)
- How often do they change out their inflatables? (Most inflatables start to wear out after a couple of years)
If you do your homework, you will ensure that your students will have a safe as well as enjoyable time at your big event.