Let’s face it; no one really wants to do a fundraiser. You do it because you have to. Hopefully you’re planning your sale carefully and are doing your due diligence on picking the right program. As you search the internet you’ll find many companies that are competing for your business. Many are ethical and have good intentions; however, others will tell you things that sound good on paper but don’t work out so well once you put them to the test.
Therefore, before you sign with a school fundraising company, make sure to ask them these 10 questions:
1. How long have they been in business?
- Most companies come and go on a regular basis.
- We've helped groups like yours raise millions of dollars since 1999.
2. Do they have a full-time customer service department?
- Many companies rely on often overextended outside sales reps to service their customers.
- We provide our customers with a full-time customer service representative ready to assist at a moment’s notice.
3. Can they provide testimonials or references?
- If they don't have a good track-record you may not receive this information.
- We have a strong track record and can provide the testimonials you need.
4. Will the company provide you with a fundraising manual?
- You may have questions after your rep leaves the school. Getting a hold of them may be difficult.
- We will provide you with a step by step school fundraising guidebook that you can access any time. If you still have questions, simply contact us.
5. Are they protecting you school with an exclusive sales brochure?
- Many companies offer the same brochure to other nearby schools.
- We won't sell your brochure to a neighboring school at the same time you'd be selling it.
6. Do they only offer traditional prize programs or do they have additional options?
- Many schools have expressed concern over using the same cheap junky prize program year after year.
- We also offer other exciting prize programs like our big event incentive plans.
7. Will they prepack your merchandise by student?
Most of our brochure programs are prepacked by seller.
8. Do they offer a 100% item replacement policy?
- Some companies require damaged merchandise to be returned as proof before you can get them replaced. They usually won't reimburse you for the shipping cost either.
- You won’t have to return any damaged merchandise at all. And we'll ship your replacement items to you free of charge.
9. Can they claim near 100% order fulfillment accuracy?
- Some companies use other packing companies to pack their products for them. These packing warehouses are sometimes over a thousand miles away. Quality control and accuracy can be an issue.
- Our packing companies pack their product right in their warehouse using the latest available technology. This is why we can ensure almost 100% accuracy when filling orders, which helps make for a smooth delivery.
10. Will you receive a comprehensive sales report?
- Some companies only invoice their schools
- From us you'll also receive a detailed sales report showing a breakdown of the total items sold and the items sold by individual sellers. You can even see which classrooms or teams sold the most.