There are some things that you’ll need to do to prepare for your magic show before your performer shows up. For instance, since the assembly is interactive, how will your students have access to the performer? Your goal is for your event to run smoothly and for your students to have a fun and memorable experience.
Here are the steps that will help you get ready:
1. Prepare the Performance Area:
- The stage must be open, clean and free from anything that will prohibit its use for the show.
- The magician will need access to the stage area at least 40 minutes prior to assembly start time.
- Provide access to 2 standard electrical outlets.
- Volunteers will be used during the show, so there must be steps leading up to the stage.
2. Plan for Backstage Meeting with Performer:
- The magician will need an extra 10-20 minutes to meet with any sellers backstage who sold 24 or more items.
- He will sign autographs, answer questions or take pictures.
- The children must be accompanied by a teacher or other school employee.
- The magician will also need to meet with any students who reached prize level 5 or higher before the show starts. If no one reached prize level 5, he will simply meet with the top seller.
3. Get Your Group Excited:
- Make periodic announcements before the show date to get everyone excited.
- A great way to get the word out about your magic show is to arrange to have someone present from your local newspaper or TV station.