Our goal is for all of our big events to be exceptional in the eyes of your students. In fact, the more memorable it is, the more your students will talk about it to their peers. This will have a positive effect on future fundraisers as well.
There are some things that you’ll need to do to prepare for your magic show before your performer shows up. For instance, since the assembly is interactive, how will your students have access to the performer? Your goal is for your event to run smoothly and for your students to have a great experience. Here are the steps that will help you get ready:
1. Prepare the Performance Area:
- The stage must be open, clean and free from anything that will prohibit its use for the show.
- The magician will need access to the stage area at least 40 minutes prior to assembly start time.
- Provide access to 2 standard electrical outlets.
- Volunteers will be used during the show, so there must be steps leading up to the stage.
2. Plan for Backstage Meeting with Performer:
- The magician will need an extra 10-20 minutes to meet with any sellers backstage who sold 24 or more items.
- He will sign autographs, answer questions or take pictures.
- The children must be accompanied by a teacher or other school employee.
- The magician will also need to meet with any students who reached prize level 5 or higher before the show starts. If no one reached prize level 5, he will simply meet with the top seller.
3. Promote Your Event:
- Get your group excited by making periodic announcements before the show date.
- Arrange to have someone at your magic show from your local newspaper or TV station.
- Take pictures during the event and create a display for all to see.
PLEASE NOTE: Once your event is over we’ll send you a feedback form to complete. If you submit a picture with your form we’ll feature it on our website. You’ll also receive a $50 online store gift card.